School crest Source  

U-17 Soccer 2012-13








The U-17's had a very impressive start to their league campaign after disappointment in the cup. Dean Carroll got things underway when he scored directly from a corner in the opening minutes. Jordan Harmon once again showed his ability to put the ball in the back of the net with a brace against the seasiders, following his hatrick last week. Carroll turned provider next, crossing for Gregory Sloggett who powered home his header at the near post. The latter captains the side and led by example throughout with a huge performance in the middle of the park.
Although St Olivers did all their scoring in the first half, they should have added to their tally in the second, and instead it was the visitors who came away with a consolation goal. Altogether it was avery impressive team performance with Gregory Sloggett, Vladislav Evseev, Jordan Harmon and Robert Guinn catching the eye.

St Olivers team: Nathan Murray, Jack Gorman, Vladislav Evseev, Robert Guinn, Frances Adegbite, Jordan Harmon, Gregory Sloggett, Neil Donnelly, Dean Carroll, Emmanuel Dos Santos, Javier Sarrate. Subs: Darren Berrill, Andrew Stars, Sean Doyle, Maxwell Ibeto


1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1



Our under 17s travelled to Skerries looking for a win to ensure qualification to the next round. After a frantic first 20mins in which StOlivers created numerous goal chances, they could not break the deadlock. The goal machine that is Jordan Harmon put St.Olivers into the lead after 20 mins after fine work from the dynamic duo in midfield that are Gregory Sloggett and Neil Donnelly. StOlivers then put two goals between themselves and the host from the boot of Harmon again and it seemed like they could kick on and run away with the game. This was not the case and Skerries got one back just before half time. Stolivers continued to create chances but the third goal proved elusive and when Skerries introduced 2 ‘supersubs’, we struggled to contain Skerries. Skerries manufactered an equaliser with about 10 mins left and put he nail in the coffin with 2 minutes left. Best for StOlivers were Neil Donnelly, Jordan Harmon, Jack Gorman and Robert Guinn.


St Olivers went into this game knowing that they were in the last chance saloon and there was no room for anything other than a win. They didn’t disappoint with a dominant and controlled performance from the start. Dunshaughlin were proving to be no pushovers and made it very difficult for St Olivers throughout. Jordan Harmon broke the deadlock with the first of his goals diverting a Dean Carroll corner in the Dunshaughlin goal. St Olivers continued to press and were rewarded a free when Robert Guinn broke excellently and was fouled thirty yards out. Up stepped Harmon to smash the ball into the top corner. This seemed to be the platform that St Olivers needed but when Dunshaughlin pegged one back and then equalised, it seemed like deja vu after last weeks encounter against Skerries. After an inspirational half time team talk from Mr Bracken and Mr Gardiner, St Olivers went out and produced a very workmanlike performance, with Harmon adding another two goals, to see St Olivers running out 4-2 winners and progressing to the semi-final of the North Leinster League. St Olivers proved that they have the work ethic as well as the skill and flair to close out and win when it counts most. This, coupled with goal machine Jordan Harmon, ho has scored nine goals in his last three games, means that the future could be very bright for this group of young men. Best for St Olivers were Jordan Harmon, Jack Gorman, and a special mention has to go to Neil Donnelly who, despite Harmons 4 goals, still deserved the Man of the match award with his tireless work ethic, simple precise passing, tenacious defending and all around play. Well done to all players as there were many other great performances but Harmon and Donnelly were the shining lights on this day.

St Olivers: D.Berrill, S.Murray, J.Gorman, V.Eseev, R.Guinn, J.Harmon, D.Carroll, G.Sloggett, N.Donnelly, E.Dos Santos, D.Harding.

Jordan Harmon celebrates his fourth, this lad just cant stop scoring!


Congratulations to the boys U-17 soccer team who have reached the final of the North Leinster league. Dundalk side De la Salle provide the opposition after they defeated Dunshaughlin in the second semi.
St Olivers overcame Ardee to progress to the final on a day when conditions were not conducive to St Oliver's slick passing style of play, but nevertheless our lads stood up to the challenge. The visitors were dealt a blow early on as their goalkeeper had to be substituted following a collision with Emmanuel Dos Santos, and St Olivers took advantage when midfielder Gregory Sloggett rattled the net with a long range effort. St Olivers had barely gotten into second gear when Sloggett added a second, rising highest to nod home a Jordan Harmon corner.
St Olivers seemed to sit back and rest on hteir 2-0 lead and were made to pay when Ardee hit back with a well worked goal just before half-time. After a strern talking to from Mr Bracken and Mr Gardiner at the interval, St Olivers went out with more purpose in the second half and were rewarded when goal machine Jordan harmon scored his 13th goal in 4 games. Yet again however, our lads sat back on their two goal lead and Ardee pegged one back, only for St Olivers to respond with two further goals to put the game beyond Ardee's reach. The first a cracking effort into the top corner from Dale Harding and the second a well worked team goal, finished expertly by Aaron Kenna. Overall it was a good team performance.Most notable, Neil Donnelly worked tirelessly in the middle and Shane Murray had a stormer at full back. St Olivers will have to cut out the lapses in concentration and work very hard if they are to prevail in the final set for Oriel park.


Drogheda Utd manager Mick Cooke takes a session with the players before the final.



St. Olivers bridged an 11 year gap to finally bring home the junior league cup to Drogheda. They got off to a terrible start as they found themselves 2-0 down after 10 minutes. Thankfully the St. Olivers men stuck to their gameplan and faught their way back into the game through a superbly well worked goal. Harmon, Harding, Carroll and Sloggett combined exquisitily up the left wing before Carroll slotted home and set up the comeback. The comeback was complete before half time when Jordan Harmon was taken down in the box to give the ollies a chance to level matters. The De La Salle ‘keeper recieved his second yellow for this offence after picking up his first yellow for kicking the ball away 5 minutes previous leaving De La Salle with 10 men. Gregory Sloggett stepped up confidently to slot the spot kick home leaving the ollies level on the scoresheet but with an extra man.
The second half got underway with the ollies playing into a gale force wind and, despite having the extra man, found themselves behind yet again after De La Salle worked their way in behind the ollies rearguard to slot home their third. Yet again, the ollies had an uphill struggle and proved themselves worthy opponents but left it late to get the equaliser. Harmon, yet again, was the tormentor of the De La Salle defense and was taken down in the penalty area to give the ollies the opportunity to level the scores again. The ollies captain, Gregory Sloggett stepped up again to slot home the equaliser and send the game into extra time.
Both teams went into extra time with a hope of bringing the cup home to their respective school and both team made a great account of themselves with no quarter asked of given from either group. The ollies proved to have that little bit extra and at this stage, with the extra man, went ahead for the first time in the contest. The ball was whipped into the De La Salle box by Jordan Harmon, Maxwell Ibeto knocked the ball goalwards and Dale Harding finished to send the ollies on the road to victory. The second half of extra time was somewhat of a non-event as both sides cancelled each other out with Maxwell Ibeto getting the only clearcut chance. Thankfully there was no more goalmouth action and the ollies went on to record an historic victory. The names of these young men will be remembered  and will be spoken about in the halls of St. Olivers for many years. Hopefully they will add to their legend when they compete in the Leinster Cup and hopefully they will progress to the All-Ireland stages... Watch this space...!!
Best for the ollies team today would have to be Dean Carroll, who worked tirelessly all day and got the ollies scoring up and running, Jordan Harmon who also worked very hard and won the two spot kicks for the ollies and Dale Harding who created many chances, ran the De La Salle back four ragged and eventually scored the winner.
St.Olivers Squad: Nathan Murray,Shane Murray, Vladislav Eseev, Robert Guinn, Conor Tully, Jordan Harmon, Neil Donnelly, Gregory Sloggett, Dean Carroll, Dale Harding, Emmanuel Dos Santos, Darren Berrill, Aaron Kenna, Barrett Akpotor, Maxwell Ibeto, Sean Doyle, Andrew Starrs, Javier Sarrate, Andrew Tully, Francis Adigbite, Jack Gorman.